Sunday, August 26, 2007

Look at me, I'm blogging, I'm blogging




It turns out that I am a person who is motivated by external rewards (who knew?) I have been working on starting my blog since May. I would look at it occassionally and wonder how to make it all work. I would think of how cool it would be to have a blog but really I just couldn't make it happen until this week. You see, I need to win a free prize being offered by a fellow blogger. (It is wrong for me to say "fellow" blogger because that implies that I am in her league somehow, which I am not.) This woman is quite possibly one of the funniest women I have never met. She is my sister's friend and I have been reading her blog for several months now. She has offered a free prize for recommending her site. The free prize is a stupendous refrigerator magnet which I have not even seen but has motivated me to sit down and spend several hours figuring out how to enter this brave new world of blogging. Amy is the name of my sister's friend. And while I am recommending great blogs let me also say that my truly brilliant little sister, in who's shadow I alternately shiver and shine, has an equally fabulous blog. Her name is Sarah. She is great. I would know.

5 comments:

Nicole said...

Wahoo!!! you are blogging! I have checked your blog several times in hopes of finding some news from you and your family! I enjoyed reading this a lot, keep it up! I love you and I miss you!

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm, neon on the tramp!

Lindsay said...

Yes, Sarah is pretty great. I miss her.

Well, welcome to the blogging world. I too feel I will never measure up to the likes of Sarah and her friend, but we must keep trying :) I love the pics of all your kids.

sarah said...

Welcome good sister!

Now I want some details about your life, home school studies, funny things the kidos say, musical performances, soccer stories, high school drama, etc...I know you have endless material so start feeling guiltly about not posting more often--since guilt has always been such an effective motivator for me and you both :-) love ya

ps I'm loving bean tree and I've got a sink full of dirt dishes to prove it. Miss you

Anonymous said...

Good post.