Thursday, February 14, 2008

When I have grown a foot or two....

I realize that thousands of moms have sent their sons on missions and it is totally what I would hope he would do at this point in his life but how could it all happen so fast? Johnathon turned his papers into the Stake President on Sunday. President Brewer will be sending them in on the 16th. Now we wait. Tonight Johnathon told me that he could wait to open his letter until whenever Samantha is home after he gets it. It is very good that Johnathon can wait. But I won't be able to. We'll call her on the phone and she can be in on all the action courtesy of Qwest.
Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. That smile will take him far.

Elder Gay

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

(How do I type jaw-dropping, tummy-turning and eyes-filling??) Wow. Time flies, eh? These guys are leaving too fast... and Jon looks very handsome. :)

Anonymous said...

It is an exciting time. I'm happy for you and Jonathon. Missionaries are a great thing. May you have extra waiting strength.

Danielle

Lauren said...

You were sick! Don't even go there! Please tell me you're working Tuesday, I can't go another shift without my MaDona!

Nicole said...

OH MY GOODNESS! I can't believe it! A foot or two is right, he is so tall! and wow that haircut, he looks so handsome...It's amazing what a haircut can do to a kid. Love the pictures and everything. I CANT WAIT to hear where he is going. I will be on the edge of my seat until then! Lots of love coming your way~
Nicole

Anonymous said...

ACK!!! Woo! I love the Northwest! LOVE!!! Haven't heard details... must have choco-night. When? Oh, my! And I admit to selfish thoughts, too: this makes it all seems so close! Congratulations! (On this call AND on having so many kids that make me want to write fan mail!!! :)

Kimberly said...

Sister Gay! I heard Jon is going to Washington! Tell him congrats for me!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey mom! You should update the post! All those poor people who don't know where he is going...

Nicole said...

I have been checking this blog EVERY DAY to find out where he is going, and I have to find out via someone elses comment. COME ON! share the news...at least make a post on it with pictures and everything! How else am I going to feel semi-involved in the life of my family?