Friday, February 13, 2009

OOOOklahoma (Road trip-part dos)

(This is the second of three installments about a trip I took in June 2008. I am not currently in Oklahoma. I am catching up on my blog posts.)

Here is a map of my trip. Very fun. My last post left off in Kansas. From there I went South. This was pretty much my view from the window for many miles across the flatlands. Very beautiful.

Sarah had a number of fantastic CD's in the car for my listening pleasure. One of the CD's had a number of top songs from top musicals but I don't think Oklahoma was amongst them although I could be mistaken. I was very content with my options for listening on the trip.
I have a brother and sister-in-law who have lived in Oklahoma for a while and their town looked like it was pretty close to where I was driving anyway so I thought I could just, you know, "swing by" and say hello. I wanted to totally surprise them. Just drive up and be all like, "Hey I was in the neighborhood. Thought I'd drop in". Or do the creepy stalker thing, "Looks like you guys are all just sitting down to have dinner and it looks like you're havin' fish sticks with corn...." but since I misjudged the distance and I took too long of a trip down memory lane in Kansas I called and gave them a heads up. Which turned out to be a good thing because there was no way I would have found their place without their directions and I almost didn't find it with their directions. I showed up at their house at 10:30 or 11:00 at night. They graciously invited me in, fed me key lime pie, and talked to me well into the wee hours of the morning. We had a splendid visit. The next morning I got to take pictures.
They live on this cute little country lane.

No. That's not the house. That is the tornado shelter (?) I think. I better confirm that.
This is Beth's incredible garden. Her green thumb is on steroids there in Oklahoma but she even managed to produce a good garden in the drought stricken Arizona desert.

That is my sister-in-law, Beth and her youngest son, Isaiah on the back porch.

The front room. The whole house is beautifully decorated and so well organized which is no small task for a home schooling, homesteading, stay-at-home Mother of 6. I slept so comfortably. I have but one complaint which is that the visit was much too short.
There is my nephew Sam googling the best route for me on the next leg of my journey which I will tell about on another day.
Signing off from the land of the road trippers

No comments: