Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Large Loomers

In life there are those people who loom large. Quite possibly the largest loomer of all the large loomers I know is my Dad. Tonight he is in the hospital awaiting heart surgery the extent of which is yet to be decided. I am so glad I was just in Gilbert, Arizona a week ago witnessing his last council meeting as a councilman there. Words fall short of expressing who he is or what he means to me but last December my siblings and I (mostly my sister, Sarah) put together a blog for him for his birthday and Christmas present where we made an effort to convey the largeness of his looming in our lives. Scroll down to the last entry which is a video and then you might catch a teeny-tiny glimpse of the man that is my Dad. http://vote4mydad.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Jana said...

That was so fun to watch that cute video Christmas present! I adore your dad but none more than my Nana! Let me know if there's anything we can do?! Uh, & where's my visit when you were here? I love you all & keep us filled in! xoxo

leslie said...

oh my gosh! i just popped in to say hi, and to say thanks for your sweet comment on my blog, and that i also loved the book thief.... but now i've gone and spent over half an hour watching skousen family videos. :) i'm so sorry to hear about your dad! he was so good to us the time we crashed at his place. and honestly, anyone willing not only to take in but entertain and hang out with 5 girls fresh from HS is pretty amazing in my book!! hope everything went well with the surgery. keep us posted. hugs. L

Kazzy said...

I'm gonna go check out the blog, but I am with ya on the dad-love. I love mine too, and he also has had heart surgery. Quad bypass 12 years ago. Best wishes for you and your family.

Robin said...

Look, I found you!