Friday, September 7, 2007

Corban George Gay


I have had several things that have been rattling around in my head lately that I have wanted to write about. Corban is the theme of this particular post. He is the youngest of our Crazy Eight and he turned 2 this week. Let me interject a little warning here. Writing about one's youngest child at 12:30 a.m. with the soundtrack from Sense and Sensibility (which is one of the best movies ever) playing in the background could cause melancholy if one is prone to that sort of thing.
From the time Corban arrived on this planet he has been making life a little better for all of us.
He is almost always happy. He adores and is adored by his siblings. Until he came along I had never had two little boys close together in age. He and Jeremiah are great friends and I love it.
I love that my life has been crazily out of control. I love that this little person has come and made my world different then I thought it would be. I love that he laughs and that he cries. I love that I know he will be smarter than me and better than me. I love that he has a twinkle in his eye. I love that he communicates so well and does it without uttering a word we can recognize except for "HEY" and "No". He is so cool.


It is my birthday wish for him that he will apply this great advice to his life,
"Take Chances!
Make Mistakes!
Get Messy!"
Ms. Frizzle
(the Magic School Bus)

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Love the pics, love the words, love the advice! Oh ms Frizzle is SO smart, and so are you for passing along the timeless phrase that made everyone in the magic school bus always learn new things, and always have an adventure doing it!

Anonymous said...

Awwww...I miss Corban! Can't wait to come home in a couple of weeks and see everyone. Good job on the blog! I love it!

sarah said...

Corbin is one happy guy. I noticed that when we were visiting. Happy B-day--I wish I were better at remembering everyones.