Sunday, September 30, 2007

Utah State Fair

Corban and Caleb

On September 10th Sydnee, Caleb, Autumn, Jeremiah, Corban and I went to the Utah State Fair. The weather was perfect. We went on a day when admission was free for 12 and under and the all-day ride passes were buy one get one free. So it was reasonably affordable and lots of fun. I think that it was a perfectly legitimate way to spend a school day. Talk about a field trip! Here are some of the highlights.

Jeremiah in the farm exhibit. He was very wary
of the large, loudly-mooing fake cow.

Autumn and Sydnee

We had some great educational opportunities at the fair and we learned some interesting things but let's be honest, the kids loved the rides. It wasn't crowded until evening so they got to go on all the rides they wanted to several times. Corban and I didn't do many rides--he didn't really like any except for this one (which happens to remind me of the old Arizona State Fair, back in the day).




Here is just a little more footage of us. The four bigger kids came back to refuel and check in before heading back to the rides.




There were a couple of pictures that I didn't get that I wish I had. One was of the incredible Corn on the cob that I had two of, roasted with butter and lemon pepper. Mmmmmm! And one of the absolutely ginormous (that word is in the dictionary now) cotton candy that we bought right before we left. I didn't just want a picture of the cotton candy but a picture of my very estatic children with their cotton candy.



This just about says it all. Corban and I chased each

other all around while the kids were off riding the rides.

Now I remember what it was like when I had little ones

without helpers! Where's my wagon? I needed a nap too!


Ta ta for now!

8 comments:

Nicole said...

wow! loved this! all the kids look SO much older since the last time I saw them! Especially Sydnee and Autumn. Is it just me or does autumn look a lot like Amanda? And Syd looks like quite the diva. sigh...they growing up so fast!

That slide ride is MY FAVORITE ride of all time. I holds a special place in my heart, right next to the Zipper! I haven't been to the state fair in years. That looks like such a fun family outing.

The picture on the end is priceless! A Perfect summary for your day! OH i just love this. :) Thanks for the magnificent post!

Anonymous said...

I loved this post Mom! Very cute. It made me laugh, especially the video where they are all dancing. Oh, I miss them so much!

In reference to crescnetwhateverthenameis, I understood a little of what they said, but not a lot because it isn't Spanish. I think its Portuguese because it looks like it is a mix between French and Spanish, but I am not sure.

Linda Lou said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda Lou said...

cute post Dona. Cute kids. It looks like a fun day.

Anonymous said...

Oh, how fun! I should be a good mom and take my last three to the state fair. Maybe next year. I always get tired just thinking about it.

What a good mom you are to manage all that for a special memory!

Danielle

Anonymous said...

What a fun, memory-making field trip ! The wagon nappin' and merry-go-round photos are priceless. I'm glad I got to share in the state fair a bit via this post Really good blogging, Dona !

SCSC

Anonymous said...

You need to teach me that video blog thing. So technologically advanced, you are!

Anonymous said...

aren't you fancy pancy with your cool videos and funny pics :-)
looks like tons of fun--you know I'm a big fair fan