Saturday, September 8, 2007

Dreams Do Come True

I have such a fabulous reason for not having blogged regularly. I have a job. Actually I have many jobs but the job I am referring to in this instance is a paying job. This isn't just any old job either. I am now employed (very part time) at the Springville Public Library. It is such a great place to work. I feel like Brer Rabbit being thrown into the briar patch. "Don't you throw me in that briar patch!" I know that I looked positively, ridiculously happy the whole time that I was being trained. I really have to make a concious effort to not look overjoyed which actually doesn't work well because my efforts to not look too happy just result in me looking sort of goofy.
One of the ladies that has worked for the library said "I know you from the other side" which another one of the librarians mistook as some weird reference to us knowing eachother in some previous existence but she was just referring to the other side of the check out desk.
I was hired as a substitute clerk so I fill in when someone is sick or out of town which is just perfect. I am entertaining big plans of a master's degree in library sciences someday but for now I have my foot in the library door and it feels pretty good. These are the actual statues by the entrance to
the Springville City Library.

7 comments:

Nicole said...

I wish i could see you working in the library looking like a kid in a candy store! Maybe I'll send a sneaky little kid in with a camera...so don't stop smilin!

Anonymous said...

He he, you crack me up Mom! I love you to death and I am so glad that you got that job!

Nicole said...

Don't be silly, if it wasn't for you IIIII would give up blogging. You make me feel ultra-special! I only write for my family! So I am glad you are reading, and commenting! :) love you!

sarah said...

Congrats! Congrats! I want a PT job at the library! I am so excited for you! So are you working with Janice Hammond? REALLY this is SOOOO cool!

Dona said...

Yes, I am working with Janice Hammond, sort of. She has been out for knee replacement surgery but she will be back next week. She is a very nice person. Everyone is soooo great. I LOVE it.

skousenmom said...

Congratulations! Wait till they figure out how much you know about literature, and everyone will be seeking you out for a good book recommendation! I am glad you get to work somewhere that holds a special place in your heart. What a great part time job! Michelle

Lauren said...

Yay! We love having you!

Lauren