Saturday, February 20, 2010

Dona's got her groove back?

Let me start with a disclaimer. I have never seen the movie or read the book about Stella getting her groove back, it was just a catchy phrase that popped into my head.

It would usually take me about a year, sometimes two, after I had a baby to get back into a groove. You know, when things start clickin', going a little smoother. My house would start to come back together, life was manageable.

Zorro is 4. Shortly after his birth everything imploded and try as I might I have not gotten it back together. There have been occasional, very occassional, glimmers of possibilities of perhaps someday returning to a semblence of normalcy (whatever that is) but up until now I haven't held out a lot of hope. This week I saw an actual flash, a glimpse, that things are coming together...Hope is good. I like it.

2 comments:

Kazzy said...

I am completely convinced that is has been your foray into daily blogging that has set things right in your universe. Either that or everyone at home is catching your vision and working together. But I am going with the blogging theory.

Robin said...

I am quite jealous. I wish I could get my groove back.

And I was thinking, you're one of the few people who has known me long enough to remember back when I had a groove - and noticed when I lost it. Just one of the many reasons I value you as a friend.