Friday, February 19, 2010

Randomness

My blog is not funny. My niece, formerly known as Poppins (we'll give her the code name "Catch") is very witty and her blog makes me laugh. She is pictured here with BYU girl. They traveled in Europe together this summer. Nicole, I mean Catch, is something of an expert on the old country. Seriously, if you are planning a hop across the pond she is your gal. She will fix you up. I haven't written my bucket list yet, but when I do, the El Camino (pilgrimage) will be on it and I fully intend to have Catch plan my itenerary. If she's available, and not too busy traveling afar, composing blog posts or creating incredible music, or going to school and working lots of hours a week....
She recently gave her blog a new name. The title is now "Catch 22". Very clever. She just turned 22 this year. After reading her blog and pondering on it today I realized that she is half my age. How weird is that? It also means that SUU girl will be half my age in March. That won't happen again until they are 44 and I am 88. Random, but cool. They both have the same middle name, Ann. Just another interesting bit of family trivia.

I am super impressed with men's figure skater and gold medal winner, Evan Lysacek. What a down to earth, reasonable, charming and talented person. I had never heard of him until this week but I think he is a great role model. Bob Costas was totally trying to goad him in an interview and he didn't take the bait. He saw it for what it was and stood his ground, which was higher.

Springville Library has been closed due to technical difficulties for a week now. I miss it. But I am getting caught up on a few things at home. A "catch-22" of sorts.

Shaun White reminds me of Chad Wright (A man in our ward/neighborhood) It is just the way he talks and his mannerisms and the fact that I can picture Chad Wright, in another life, totally taking the gold in snowboarding. Really, it is kind of eerie. Sort of like Bill Grosland (Chad's neighbor) totally reminding me of Jack Black. I'm not even the sort of person who sees other people in people.

I wish my blog posts were funny and I still wish I weren't such a procrastinator.

I intend to make ginger snaps tomorrow since I won't be at work.

5 comments:

Kazzy said...

First of all, I miss Europe so much it seriously hurts when I think about it. I want to go somewhere far and fun and explore and explore.

Second, Chad as Shaun. Love it. And I have been telling Bill he reminds me of Jack Black for years. Two people can't be wrong, right?

Last, I read a small handful of daily humor blogs and let me tell you, these ladies struggle and feel guilt, etc when they can't come upp with funny stuff. Two of these friends stopped writing for a month or so because they felt they had nothing to say. It would be incredibly hard to come up with laughter everyday. So, yeah, something funny here and there is good, but be you. You are interesting enough!

Robin said...

I love your blog just the way it is.

Yes, I see the Chad and Bill thing, too.

And, if you really make ginger snaps, I want one!

Nicole said...

haha! I feel so honored to have that especially grotesque picture of me and sam in spain idolized on your blog. And I just love the fact that you WANT to do the el camino, and hopefully Ill be able to do it with you. Maybe even a family affair? I think we told you about that spanish family of like 25 that was doing the el camino at about the same pace as us. They were hilarious.

And that's funny I am exactly half your age! We better enjoy this year of it-cause next time it happens I doubt either of us will be so happy about it. ha ha.

Jana said...

You ARE funny my dear. Today at one of 3 children's bday parties I overheard a lady talking about that Julia movie & how it made her look at herself & it totally made me think of you. I better not see that movie or I'll start to get crazy motivations to be a "better me" or something of that nature. Yuck! Who needs that?! Anyway, I haven't seen your neighbors to back you up on that but I do love & miss you! :)

Danielle said...

Your blog is great even if you don't think it's funny. Fun is just as good as funny and I think your blog is fun. Love to catch up on your family this way.