Monday, February 15, 2010

What a day!

Very exciting day on the soccer fields. Ming's team won 1st in their division. They played so well. We have such a great group of girls, parents and coaches. Our girls were playing a team a year older than them in the finals. It was a very intense game. After 2 overtimes it culminated in a shoot out. Oh so stressful for a Mom! Who thought up soccer? I bet it wasn't a mom. Ming took our first shot and made it. Yea for Ming! (Or shall we call her "Mia"). Our goalie did a fantastic job but their 5th girl scored. So then we were tied again but we had one more girl and she scored! Happy day.

Aside from the horrible motel experience it was a great trip. We stopped in Cedar City and had dinner with SUU girl who had just barely returned from her rendevous with BYU boy. She gave me the highlights of her weekend. (She thought it was pretty spectacular).
I really enjoyed the one-on-one time with Ming Chow. I hope we'll get to do it again next year!

2 comments:

Kazzy said...

I saw SUU gorl and her "friend" walking through the chapel on Sunday. Cute!

Congrats to your soccer girls! Yay!

Robin said...

I am glad they did well and you had a good time. I hope it was a nice break for you.

I missed her in Primary Sunday. I sure love having her in my class.

Let me know when you're ready for a night out or want me to come over for a game of Catan. I don't see you nearly enough.