Sunday, February 7, 2010

Precipice

I stand at the edge of a precipice. I do this often. I find myself poised for something, maybe greatness, maybe nothing more than more than I am now. But instead of jumping to the other side, or soaring into the clouds, or diving into the deep, I sit down. Or worse yet, I turn around and descend right back down the same path I spent a day, a month, a decade, or a lifetime climbing. Why do I do that? Maybe it is enough. What if it's not?

Fantastic Photo by Grant Skousen--used without permission.

4 comments:

Kazzy said...

Sometimes I ask myself, "Is this it?" And I don't mean it in a negative way, but I want to know if I am missing a cue.

Isn't this the real question of life?

Grant Skousen said...

Using photos without permission - definitely on the edge of a precipice. :-)

Robin said...

Best wishes as you ponder your options. Trust your heart -- you have a good one!

Lauren said...

What's up sis? I always get so excited when I see that you have updated. I think you are great...no improvements necessary!!!