Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A funny letter from Johnathon. It might be the funniest one he has ever written. (I will preface it by saying that I forgot to write to him today. Not so much that I forgot him--more that I forgot what day it was).

Dear Mom
If I were to say that I was really discouraged, would
it mean me getting more mail?
Because I'm really not at all discouraged but if it means more mail than maybe. maybe I am. Actually, I can't really complain because I'm having more success than ever this last week. We extended 8 baptismal commitments, which for this area is freakin' amazing. My comp is a superb missionary and he only has 2 months left. I only have 3 so we're a good team. I'm doing great. Unless of course I'll get more mail if I'm not. Than I'm not.
love,
John

p.s. I did get the package on friday I think.


I am thinking that I will write him a letter.

6 comments:

Nicole said...

haha! good idea... Jared just told me that I was about to become an "X-Sibling" if I didn't write him too. I'm setting a date with my email for sunday night.

Grant Skousen said...

Love the letter - hopefully he is still getting forwarded Donny emails.

Kazzy said...

I would love to send him an email (is that allowed in his mission), because I do that every Sunday night anyway for my nephew. Encouragement from a neighbor? :)

What a great smile he has too!

Jessica Grosland said...

I want to write Johnathon a letter! I've wanted to write him for ages, I just don't know where to send it! (Also, I was worried he would think I was weird.) But where do I send my weird letter? Tell me, tell me, PLEASE!

Danielle said...

Wow! Only 3 months left? How did that happen? I have to work at not thinking too much about Peter coming home in 2 months so I can savor his mission. Otherwise, I'd get very excited. I want him to stay hard-working til the end. It sounds like Johnathon is doing just that. Yay to our missionaries. Yay to missionary moms.

Robin said...

Subtle, isn't he?