Sunday, February 21, 2010

I may have been a bit hasty about the groove thing. That flash I saw may have been a mirage. I have been in the desert for a while, figuratively speaking. Also, remember the whole procrastination thing I mentioned? I have a pretty big assignment due tomorrow night that I haven't really quite figured out. It has to do with databases, metadata, programs, cataloguing...nothing creative, really, and sort of hard to embellish or fake. Concrete vs. nebulous. I rely heavily on being able to embellish. (B.S. is the term I am trying to find a synonym for but haven't.) I like school, most of the time, I just really need to stop pushing the deadlines to the last possible second. Where did I put that Procrastinator's Handbook?

4 comments:

Kazzy said...

I do some of my best work under a tight schedule (that's the alternative phrase I use). Good luck!

Nicole said...

I am waiting for my groove to kick in. I constantly feel like I'm fighting the tide of my schoolwork, housework, work-work, homework...etc... I think you're doing fantastic. Good luck!

leslie said...

but look at your bloggin groove, dona! i'm loving it!! :)

Robin said...

As my friend, please do me one favor. For one day, write down EVERYthing you DO (and try to ignore what doesn't get done). You are doing a lot, but it's so easy to get caught up in those things that don't get done. If you see all that you are doing, you may be able to forgive some of the slip ups.

I would like you to be a little kinder to my friend Dona, please. She's a wonderful, hard working person.

(And don't you dare take this comment as another excuse to criticize yourself. Go read Jessi's blog; you'll feel better.)