Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Grandma Crosby

I wonder how much our ancestors influence us. It makes sense that we inherited physical traits from them but what about preferences, interests, thought processes. One of my friends thinks that what those that came before us did and liked and felt is still a part of us and influences who we are. I give that idea some thought from time to time.

My Grandma Crosby loved libraries. She started one in Greer, Arizona and maintained it for many years. I have one of the books that was in it. Little House in the Big Woods. I don't have a lot of physical items that belonged to her. She had a lot of grandchildren but I am glad that I have this book. The book makes me feel a little bit of a connection to her. She and her husband also served a mission in Austrailia in the 70's. Part of their assignment was to travel around the country to set up meetinghouse libraries.

So is my obsession with books, reading them, collecting them, organizing them, a learned behavior or is it in my blood? I wonder.


1 comment:

Kazzy said...

I love your new look! Trying some out?

Your grandma sounds like a cool lady!

I love books too, and I can't get enough time to read as much as I want. Will that ever happen?