Wednesday, March 3, 2010

"That's very googley"

I have been feeling guilty. My sister likes to refer to me as the family guilt receptacle, a distinction I have earned over the past 44 years. If medals were awarded for the depth, breadth and speed at which I internalize guilt I would win multiple gold. Some of the guilt has been well deserved and this is one of those instances.

Confession: I intentionally used my blog as a manipulitave tool to draw my little sister's attention to me. It was pathetic and cheap. I am not proud of it but I am oh so happy that she is reading my blog and making comments! I feel so connected. As an added blogging bonus, big brother, Grant, is reading and making occasional comments as well. It makes me feel very googley, a term that I picked up from Grant's design blog. I use it here as a nod to him and as a slap in the face to my master's program that looks down on the use of google for research purposes although I find that it is often an excellent place to start.
Sorry Sarah, my bad. Thanks for reading my blog guys, "that's very googley". And that is a sentiment, from the heart, that I hope any of my other 5 or so faithful blog readers can feel as well.

4 comments:

Kazzy said...

Universities, ironically, are so slow to jump on the internet bandwagon for research.

Good for your siblings! Can they call mine???

Shannon said...

Well, now that I know you are blogging, you can tally your readership at least six! Scott mentioned something about how you blog the other day, and I thought, "she hardly ever blogs"...but then I checked, and behold, you are quite the regular blogger now! Does that make me "googley"?

Dona said...

I was hoping you were reading Shannon. It might be the only time I "see" you.

Kazzy, you are a true blogging friend. Are you sure your siblings aren't reading? How could they not?

adrienne said...

I am now a faithful reader! I told you I was going to sit on my heinie and read it instead of doing the bazillion things on my to-do list. Your blog is far more interesting and fun than anything on that silly old list!