Sunday, April 18, 2010

23


Today was our 23rd anniversary.
Weird, because that is a long time.
Easy to remember because we have been married one year more than Samantha's age (barely).

We got new wedding rings last night.
At Wal-Mart.
I like them.

My original wedding ring is too small but I refuse to have it sized up because I intend to size down.
Scott's wedding ring wore out after about 5 years. It was a beautiful brushed gold band that couldn't withstand all of the years of landscaping and mechanics.
So we have been sputtering along with what ever we could find to wear on our ring fingers for the last 10-15 years.

Our new rings are titanium, to withstand whatever Scott comes up against at work.
They spin, which is cool and they say "Forever and Always".
Sort of sappy.
Scott, who isn't really a movie buff, surprisingly, alluded to the song from Napolean Dynamite in the parking lot at 1:00 a.m. Great, that makes me LaFawnduh.

AND
It might be time to get a good photo of the two of us because there really aren't any.
I mean, not that don't have other people in them, or that are good.
I have a general dislike for photos of myself but I'm just sayin',
it might be time to take a couple for the sake of our posterity.
These photos are from Disneyland in December
Also, I can't remember if I mentioned this before, it seems like I may have, but I have now been a married person longer than I was a single person.
Scott and I have had some challenges and some triumphs.
I'm glad that I made him marry me.

I hope that our next 23 years of marriage will be like our new rings---
Practical.
Functional.
A little spontaneous.
Shiny.
A good fit.
Strong as titanium, to withstand whatever we may come up against.
And true to the engraved words, always and forever.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary two awesomest parents ever. Mom--you are a very good writer. And you wonder where I get it.

nicole said...

Happy Anniversary! Lets take some pictures shall we?! YES! ok then.

MaggieJo said...

Happy Anniversary! I thought you were younger. I can't believe you have a daughter my age. Crazy! I really love working with you, thanks for keeping me on the straight and narrow at church.

Anonymous said...

A delightful description -
A FABULOUS post - a great way to record, celebrate, & share a wedding anniversary !

Not just this one post but all the fabulous posts combine into a
great way of creating your family history record to enjoy treasured times and remembrances now and again & again.

SCSC

Robin said...

Beautiful parallel. Congratulations!

Jana said...

Awe yay! Happy Anni you two!!!!

Kazzy said...

Happy anniversary! We are hitting our 23 this summer, and I am turning 46 in the next week, so we are exactly at the same stage as you guys!

Cute couple. Cute analogy. Cute you!

K and D Roylance said...

Many, many happy returns.

Kdeane said...

This made me cry. You are an inspiration to me! I really love you two very much. Here's to the next 23 (and to quote another movie character)..."and beyoooond!"