Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Jen

My friend Jen.
You know how when you were a child you thought you would grow up and be friends with the friends that you had back then? I did.
I thought I would live in Arizona after a 4 year stint at BYU.
But I didn't go back to live in Arizona and I never see any of the friends I grew up with.
I reconnected with a few, briefly, on facebook but it felt shallow and weird to me so I gave it up.

Jen and I have been friends for 15 years.
Our children are friends.
 Her husband is a friend to my husband.
Sometimes we all do things together, not so much anymore because the older our children get the more complicated life gets.

She's older than me.
She's smarter than me (ACT scores don't lie).
She lets me borrow her car when mine doesn't work.
She looks out for my children.
She reads nonfiction.
All of the best photos of my children were taken by her (or my cousin Carla).
I think I might be a bad influence on her.

Sometimes she gets homesick for Texas because that's where her family is
but I'm glad she lives in Utah because life wouldn't be the same without her.

5 comments:

Robin said...

Amen. Jen rocks!

Kazzy said...

I love Jen too. You guys are one dynamic duo!

Anonymous said...

Now you're gonna make me cry. I should grow my hair out again. Love you too!

You know what would be cool is if I could show you Texas and you could show me Arizona.

Anonymous said...

Jen is definitely a family favorite with all of us !

SCSC

Anonymous said...

No YOU have the kindest heart. I am good. Next week is all open for Spring City!